An unclean attic can be quite an intimidating chore, not knowing what is ‘lurking’ in the dark or it could be delving into the unknown if it is part of your home you have avoided from sometimes. We offer a niche business with an exclusive service, by this we mean it could be the one-stop solution in terms of an attic cleaning service that you are looking for. You may have plans to start work on your attic whether it be insulating, or renovating it into an additional room or bedroom to add the additional space to your home. If this is the case, it makes logical sense to have your attic cleaned, right? Unfortunately for you, if you do want to start to utilize the additional space, you have the daunting task of cleaning it, however, we are here to help you. We understand the burden that you may be faced with, but here at [company name], we pride ourselves on offering both attic-cleaning and insulation (if required). Before we get started with the nitty gritty of the cleaning, we will inspect your attic, install insulation if you need it, and ensure that all of your attic-related needs or problems are dealt with in one swift process. Why allow this to be a time-consuming process, when we can deal with all your attic clean-up requirements for you.
Do you have a problem with Rodents?
You may not realize it nor would you expect to have a rodent infestation, but it is a more common occurrence than you may actually think. The thought of having rodents could be one of the major reasons you do not want to clean-up your attic yourself. Rodents are unsanitary and can come in various breeds, unfortunately for us. Roughly a quarter of any rodent infestations that are found in our homes, typically reside in your attic. The worst part about any rats or mice residing in your attic is that they will try and find any way possible to spread through the rest of your home, which is a problem that no of us would like. They will do everything that they can to source food or scraps or a more comfortable environment for them. This is why if you do suspect a rodent problem that you deal with this as quickly as possible.
What is the damage that rodents can actually cause? Despite the well-known fact that they are unclean animals, they can cause some serious damage to your home. By this we mean, they may start in your attic, but they can start to cause structural damage in your home; they will start to chew through your pipes and wiring, which can be a large expense to replace. Not only that, rodents will defecate in your home, leaving rodent droppings and urine in your attic, and possibly some areas in your home.
Rodent droppings can be seriously harmful to you, and your attic, ideally they should be removed safely, not to cause any further damage. Eventually, mouse or rat droppings will eventually begin to cause contamination within your insulation and can damage the wood itself inside your attic. As a consequence of rodent, the droppings will start to infect the attic air, and you may start to notice this as the summer months begin to approach as it will cause an unpleasant smell across your attic, but your home as well. So, please allow us to help you if you are aware that you have a rodent issue, or you may suspect one. The faster you deal with the infestation in your attic, you can prevent further implications to your home. We feel it is a problem that should be dealt with sooner rather than later.
Why use a professional attic clean-up service?
An attic-cleaning company can provide many benefits to you and your home when it comes to attic clean-up, as well as removal of old installation. You may not realize but the service which we offer goes beyond just removing the clutter, or pest control. The main benefits are as followed:
- General cleaning with the removal of dust, dirt, and toxins: we aim to improve your air quality and general look outlook in your attic. It is essential if you have an HVAC unit in your attic that you keep the space clean and provide a healthy atmosphere.
- Mould & Mildew: if left untreated, mold can give off unhealthy spores and potentially cause an allergic reaction or respiratory problems if inhaled.
- Rodents, Bugs & Pests: as we have discussed they are likely to be found in your attic at some point. We will exterminate, as well as removing the animal carcasses, droppings, clean the urine stains, or any debris left by the rodents. We aim to provide a professional attic sanitation service.
- Leaks, cracks or holes in your attic: these could have been caused by rodents or animals burrowing their way into your attic. We can offer air sealing services if this is required, but we will make you aware of inspection of your attic if this is something which you will require. We can perform the air sealing once we have carried out attic decontamination, and a full attic clean-up, or before we insulate and ventilate your attic.
- Replacement and Removal of old insulation: You may not realize but your insulation may be underperforming because of a build-up of dirt, dust and/or moisture.
- General clutter removal: you may have a large number of forgotten items buried in your attic, and we can gladly remove this during the professional attic cleaning process.
- Any sized attic: No job is too big nor too small for us. We provide this attic cleaning service regardless of the size, even for smaller attics it can still be a daunting and unappealing process, we will happily help you with this, saving you time and effort in the long run.
The Attic Cleaning Process
If you opt to use our deep cleaning attic service your attic is in safe hands. We have a thorough and systematic approach to attic cleaning and want to ensure that you are happy with our service, from the quote to the end product. If you decide to use us, we will carry out a survey of your attic to highlight any issues, and work out an estimate of how long the cleaning process may potentially take.
If you are happy with the inspection, and the estimated time frame, we will ensure we find a convenient slot for you and our diary availability. We continuously strive to be the best at what we do and have a strong, dedicated team. We aim to communicate with you throughout this process and want to see both the happiness and shock of the end product.
The aspects of the deep attic cleaning are as follows, and are completely included in the process:
- The first part of the process is the removal of any junk or debris which is cluttering your attic and could be potentially blocking our work area. If you want to remove the items you want to keep first, it is recommended before we begin. But any trash or unwanted items, we will take care of disposal side of things.
- All of the equipment used during the cleaning process is of the highest professional standard. We use the vacuum cleaning to remove any dust, cobwebs, small debris or animal droppings. An ordinary vacuum would not provide the same effect and would mean that you would have to rent or buy this equipment if you prefer to do a DIY attic clean yourself.
- As we have stated, we will carry out a full inspection, but as the dust and removal of clutter, we can then check your rafters, and attic space for any major stains caused by rodents, or for mold and mildew. If these are located, we will clean these spots to the highest standard, you would not even know that they were previously there. In some cases, you may need some replacement wood if it is badly rotted or covered in excessive amounts of mold.
- We will also inspect any insulation which has been exposed to moisture and is need of replacing.
- Throughout the attic cleaning process, our team will remain vigilant, to keep an eye out for any missed holes or cracks, which were not visible on the first inspection. If you require air sealing, it is a separate service which we can provide, and will gladly do this alongside the general attic cleaning. However, if you choose to just have the attic cleaning service, it will help you find any air leaks or moisture spots which can cause further problems down the line.
- As we have mentioned, rodent infestation is a common occurrence, we will make an observation of any sign of previous or current infestation caused by rodent, pets or insects. We will then try and locate the potential entry points in your attic, and then rodent proof, to stop this problem from re-occurring. Rodent proofing is a separate service, but it is highly recommended and can be carried out during the cleaning process. You can choose to do this yourself if you prefer.
Once our team has completed the cleansing of your attic we can dispose of any trash at the local dump for you, an additional thing that you will not need to worry about. If we discover any issues or problems throughout the process our team will alert you, and give you updates on the progress so far, if you so wish. Some things you will need to be made aware of, or example your attic has numerous air leaks or weak point, or in some situations the floor insulation itself contain asbestos vermiculite and you will need to be aware of these facts. We can fix any of the problems should they so arise, and will happily do this upon your request.
Air Sealing and Insulating your attic
As we have mentioned this is an additional service which we can provide. During the cleaning process, it may become apparent that your attic has poor insulation, or has no insulating at all. The attic clean-up process is a good first start to locating these problems, and we do advice on finishing the job to ensure the problems at hand do not worsen.
We can seal the air leaks, install new vents or fans, and install attic insulation where require, you will be saving more money in the long run. You will have an efficient insulating system, which in return can save money on your energy bills, and provide you with an additional, yet liveable room in your home.